Infrared Therapy, or IF Therapy, is officially known to science as photobiomodulation. It is a non-invasive and painless treatment that uses LED lights to replicate part of the sun’s light spectrum. We all naturally radiate infrared heat every day – it’s the warmth you feel when you hug someone!.
With IF therapy, light energy can penetrate through the skin to the organs and bone. It stimulates the body’s natural healing process, activating the metabolism and allowing the body and skin to heal itself. Because different parts of the body absorb at different wavelengths (how light energy is measured), you may need different sessions depending on your wellness goals. There are hundreds of studies on the effectiveness of Infrared Therapy, and it’s been studied and used for decades. People have long been sun worshippers, and IF therapy is a way to get those benefits without the risk of sunburn.
Yes! Infrared rays are actually used to warm newborn babies when they’re in the NICU. You can be exposed to infrared light for hours without burning unlike a tanning bed or laying out in the sun. It is safer than sitting in the sun since it produces many of the natural benefits of sunlight without any harmful UV rays. It is natural and safe with lots of research behind it.
There are so many impressive benefits to IF therapy! Here are just a few:
• Detoxification: Similar to a traditional sauna, you will sweat with IF therapy. However, many people note that they sweat less, but with better results. One study showed that an average person sweats out 3% toxins in a conventional sauna, but 20% with an IF sauna.
• Pain Relief: Researchers found that continuous low heat has great benefits for back, neck and arthritis pain.
• Weight Loss: Just 30 minutes in an infrared sauna can burn between 200-600 calories, increasing heart rate and metabolic rate.
• Lower Blood Pressure: One study found that repeated infrared treatments improved blood vessel function and were able to lower blood pressure after regular IF therapy.
• Improved Circulation: Blood flow during IF therapy is similar to that seen during exercise. IF therapy helps with inflammation and can speed healing.
• Skin Purification: Many people note positive changes in their skin after regular use. Wounds heal faster, and IF therapy helps with acne, eczema, burns, wrinkles, tone, and even cellulite.
IF Therapy is a powerful tool for wellness. But using IF Therapy at SPA Melissa Allen has an added bonus! Due to the unique design of our IF therapy pods, you can get all the benefits of IF therapy while still getting your regular esthetician services. That’s right – you can get them at the same time! All you have to do is relax and let IF therapy and our Estheticians work, and you’ll walk out with all the benefits of both kinds of treatments. It’s perfect for busy lifestyles and those who want to maximize their wellness with minimal time.
Want to be one of the first to experience IF therapy and see the results? Book Online to schedule yours today!
DMK Enzyme Treatments work to oxygenate, detoxify, and improve your skin's ability to function by removing dead skin cells and impurities trapped in the skin. The results are brighter, younger-l...Book Now
Healthy is beautiful, and HydraFacial is a treatment that restores and rejuvenates the skin. HydraFacial uses a unique, patented Vortex-Fusion delivery system to exfoliate, extract, and hydrate skin.Book Now