Microdermabrasion is a noninvasive exfoliation treatment that gives you radiant, more youthful-looking skin in 30 minutes or less. It’s the toast of Hollywood and beauty connoisseurs everywhere. Read on to find out why you’re about to become a big fan of this impressive exfoliating facial, too.
1. Microdermabrasion is safe, virtually painless and highly effective in restoring glowing skin. The exfoliation process gently removes the outermost layer of skin, taking with it all those dead skin cells that dull your complexion and clog pores. The result? Overall improvement in your skin’s tone, texture, clarity and color.
2. Microdermabrasion is also brilliant at reversing early signs of aging. Think of it as a one-two punch: While sloughing off dead cells and minor surface imperfections, it’s also stimulating new collagen production and cell regeneration.
3. With microdermabrasion, your skin will continue to improve beyond the first session. Even though most clients notice a remarkable difference immediately, they report the best results after a series of treatments. (We recommend a minimum of six.) Maintenance treatments continue to clean out and shrink pores, minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, uneven pigmentation and acne scarring, and keep your skin blemish-free.
4. Microdermabrasion helps skincare products work better. With the top layer of skin lifted, specialty creams, serums, oils and moisturizers can penetrate the tissue more efficiently for superior absorption. Another example of how microdermabrasion is the gift that keeps on giving.
5. Microdermabrasion is one of the most affordable skincare techniques. It costs around $66 per treatment, or less than $400 for a series of six. A year of microdermabrasion, including monthly maintenance, would run less than $1,000. How often do you find a skincare regimen that has a proven track record and doesn’t require taking out a second mortgage to afford it?
Dermaplaning is another popular type of nonsurgical skin rejuvenation, but…. Like microdermabrasion, it removes the top layer of skin, eliminating dead skin cells. Unlike microderm, it’s done with a surgical blade—meaning the risk of nicks and cuts is significant, ditto the possibility for infection. Also risky is the removal of the face’s fine vellus hair (aka, “peach fuzz”), which helps regulate body temperature, and without, perspiration isn’t readily wicked away. (Clogged pores, anyone?!) Another reason the “fuzz” is needed, without it you run the risk of dry, crepey, and wrinkled skin because the sebum cannot reach the surface to protect and lubricate. (Sound like a good long term anti-aging treatment? We think not!) Treatments are far pricier than microdermabrasion, too, typically at least twice the cost. Bottom line: Just say No thank you.
Like us on Facebook
DMK Enzyme Treatments work to oxygenate, detoxify, and improve your skin's ability to function by removing dead skin cells and impurities trapped in the skin. The results are brighter, younger-l...Book Now
Healthy is beautiful, and HydraFacial is a treatment that restores and rejuvenates the skin. HydraFacial uses a unique, patented Vortex-Fusion delivery system to exfoliate, extract, and hydrate skin.Book Now